FAQ’s about the Lottery Process
- What is the deadline to get my child into the lottery? January 31st is the deadline every year to get your child into the lottery for the upcoming fall school year. Please make sure you fill out the form on our website or contact the registrar at 928-779-2392 to get your child into our lottery.
- When will parents get the results of the lottery? Results of the lottery are available the 2nd week in February. We start enrolling grades 1st-5th first, so we encourage kindergarten families to contact our registrar at 928-779-2392, to find out where your child was drawn in the lottery after the 2nd week of February.
- How many kindergarten spots do you have available in the lottery? This can vary from year to year due to our sibling preference rule. All kindergarten siblings of our current students will get spots in kindergarten automatically. The remainder of the spots (typically 15-25) will be given to the lottery applicants in numerical order once the lottery is completed.
- How many spots do you have for 1st-5th grade? At these grade levels, we only have spots available when our current students leave. We will fill any spots in 1st – 5th grade as they come available based on where your child is drawn in the lottery. Most years we have 2-3 spots per grade level available to lottery applicants.
- Do the lottery waitlists carry over to the following school year? We will use the current years lottery/waitlists to fill any spots that come up during the current school year, but you will need to call in again during the lottery period (September 1- January 31 every year) to get your child in the lottery for the following school year if you are still wanting to get in to Mountain School. The lottery lists will not carry over to the next school year.
- Once the Lottery is done, will my child’s spot on the waitlist change for any reason? Your child will continue to move up on the waitlists as spots are filled, however, if a sibling of another applicant gets into Mountain School, a child may be moved up on the waitlist under the sibling preference rule, which could affect your child’s position on the list.
- Once my child is in Mountain School, do I have to go through the lottery process again? No, once your child has a spot in Mountain School they have a spot guaranteed every year. We also do sibling preference for all younger siblings.
If you have any other questions regarding our lottery process, please contact our Registrar at 928-779-2392 during regular school hours.