Happy summer 3rd graders!
I hope you are all enjoying your summer vacation. So far I have enjoyed a summer of biking, gardening, boating at Lake Powell, working on house projects, and spending quality time with my family. It’s amazing how quickly the summer passes! For those of you who do not know me, let me tell you a little about myself. This will be my 18th year teaching elementary education and my 17th year at Mt. School. I have a Master’s degree in elementary education and a Bachelor’s in environmental education, so combining both styles of education has proven to be beneficial and fun for both my students and myself. I truly enjoy teaching children and watching them grow into amazing people. Prior to teaching elementary education, I taught environmental education at the Arboretum at Flagstaff, and outdoor education in North Carolina and Maine.
I am looking forward to meeting my new class of 3rd graders and hearing about all of your summer adventures. I have an engaging and exciting year planned and I can’t wait to get started. So come ready to learn, make new friends, and have some fun.
Our first day of school is on August 9th. Please come prepared with the following supplies, a snack, and a lunch. The 3rd graders who choose to have a morning snack will be eating in the classroom during our morning work session. Morning snack must be only healthy items, such as fresh fruits and vegetables.
**Here is an optional summer assignment. Choose one activity from the following list and submit it to me via e-mail or on the first day of school. ** You can share your assignment with the class during the first few days of school. I can’t wait to see what you choose!
- keep a journal over the summer of all the places you visited and the fun things you did
- write a sequel to your favorite picture book
- design a special code and write a secret message
- write a letter to me
- write to your favorite author
- write to a company and persuade them to give you something for free
- cut out a newspaper article and circle the nouns, verbs, and adjectives that you find
- complete a research project on anything you would like to know more about and include a visual
See you soon,
Ms. Julie Frost
3rd Grade Supplies List:
- 1½ inch 3-ring binder
- 3 folders with two pockets and 3 holes to go in binder
- 1 composition notebook-no spiral bound please
- Small manual pencil sharpener
- 2 Highlighters
- Colored pencils
- Glue sticks
- Ruler in English and metric units
- Plastic container/box to fit in desk for most of the above items
- Water bottle with leak proof top
- A photograph of yourself
- A positive, friendly, hardworking attitude!!!
Classroom Community Supplies:
- 1 box of pencils
- 1 box of tissues
- 2 containers of disinfecting wipes