Hi! I am Ms. Danitza, I am new to Mountain School and looking forward to a very exciting and productive school year. It has been a busy but fun summer with working at the Flagstaff Arboretum’s summer camp, gardening, and visiting family down in southern Arizona. As the year goes on, I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all.
A little about myself, I am originally from Douglas, Arizona and with being raised in a border-town, I grew up in a bilingual household speaking both English and Spanish. I have been in Flagstaff since 2015 and been teaching 3rd grade at Leupp Public School. Before then, I taught at the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade levels in Bisbee and Tucson, Arizona and as well in the Fairbanks, Alaska. I am alumni of Northern Arizona University and have always wanted to return to Flagstaff ever since I graduated in 2000. I enjoy spending my free time outdoors hiking and exploring all the beautiful places Arizona has to offer. I also enjoy cooking and gardening especially growing vegetables.
My major goals for this year are that all students in my class will:
- Develop skills in written expression so they can communicate in both narrative and expository styles.
- Master all basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts and correctly apply those facts when doing computation and problem-solving.
- Learn to work cooperatively in groups and sometimes take a leadership role.
- Learn to plan long-range projects and bring them to completion, including two major reports and two major projects.
- Speak in front of groups with confidence and style.
- Stay focused on written tasks and bring those to completion.
- Have fun with hands-on and engaging activities, the application of outdoor education and community-based field trips.
I will be sending home a classroom letter every other week, starting the first week of school. In that letter, I will tell you about my Guidelines for Success and my classroom rules. These letters will also be posted on the school’s website. Also, please review the classroom supply list posted on the classroom news link.
I am excited to meet you all on the first day of school on August 9th. Be sure to bring two healthy snacks, a lunch and a labeled water bottle. If you would like to speak with me for any reason, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com.
2/3 Multiage Teacher