My name is Maggie Abeyta and I am excited continue to be part of Mountain School’s family as the 5th grade teacher! I love the diverse, challenging, hands on learning environment Mountain School provides for the students, as well as the welcoming, supportive community of parents. I am looking forward to this year with your fifth grade student.
I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, then attended Northern Arizona University. This is my third year teaching 5th grade at Mountain School. I have a passion for teaching and learning and am excited to be a part of your child’s continued growth and success.
I believe that students need three things to be successful in the classroom:
- A safe environment for your children to thrive in the classroom, so they feel comfortable taking risks, learn from their mistakes, so they can become the best students and people they can be.
- High expectations for students both behaviorally and academically. I understand fifth grade is a bridge to the next level of education and I want your student to be prepared to meet the challenges and expectations of middle school.
- Parents as partners. I understand that Mountain School is a successful learning environment because parents and teachers act as a team. I ask you to be a partner with me, and I welcome any and all information about the growth and development of your child. I know that together, we can make this the best year for your child.
Looking forward to a great year,
Ms. Maggie’s 5th Grade Supply List
Our first day of school is August 9th. Please come to school ready to go! You will need the following supplies:
- 3 ring binder (1.5 Inches)
- 4 pocket folders
- Markers (8 pack)
- Pink and yellow highlighters
- Dry erase markers (8)
- 2 Composition Notebooks
- Glue stick
- Tissues (1 Box)
- Clorox wipes
- Pack of wide ruled notebook paper