Hello upcoming First Graders and Parents,
It’s been a fantastic beginning to summer. I hope you have been enjoying your break so far. I’ve been spending time with Mountain School Staff, hiking mountains in Colorado with my husband, camping in Verde Valley and Sedona with my kids, finding new swimming holes, reading really great books, and getting the classroom set up for you to come to once all the beautiful moments of summer start to wind down (not too quickly though). I can’t wait to hear about your summer adventures!
Our first day of school is Thursday, August 9th . Please come prepared with two snacks, a lunch, a labeled water bottle and the supplies listed below.
If you have any questions or would like to meet with me prior to school starting, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Backpack, lunchbox, and a reusable water bottle labeled with your child’s name written in Sharpie marker. Please make sure the backpack can fit your child’s lunchbox and a 2 pocket folder inside of it.
- 1 Two-pocket folder that your child likes
- 2 packages of pre-sharpened Ticonderoga pencils
- 1 package of regular sized Glue sticks
- 1 package of washable markers (basic standard colors please)
- 1 package 24 ct Crayola Crayons (basic colors please)
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 package of Dry Erase Markers
- 1-2 containers of Clorox Wipes
- 1-2 boxes of Kleenex
- $10 dollars cash to cover upcoming needed supplies ( please bring cash in an envelope with your child’s name on it)
- A 3 ½ x 5 picture of you with your family.
Wish List: If you would like to contribute more items to the classroom, we are often in need of the following:
- Ticonderoga pencils
- Scotch Tape as well as Blue Painters Tape
- Black Sharpies
- AA batteries for listening centers
- Plastic Spoons
- Paper Towels
- Index Cards
- Pencil Tip Erasers
- Name Tags for visitors and field trips