Hello upcoming First Graders and Parents,
I hope you are enjoying your summer break so far. I’ve been having a fabulous summer! Some things I’ve enjoyed so far are going to Disneyland with my husband and three children, exploring the White Mountains, walking my sweet golden retriever, swimming, and visiting with friends and family. I’m excited to hear about some of your summer adventures too.
We are going to have a wonderful school year. I can’t wait to start learning together, building our classroom community, and having fun!
Our first day of school is Thursday, August 8th. Please come prepared with two snacks, a lunch, a labeled water bottle and the supplies listed below.
If you have any questions or would like to meet with me prior to school starting, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Backpack, lunchbox, and a reusable water bottle labeled with your child’s name written in Sharpie marker. Please make sure the backpack can fit your child’s lunchbox and a 2 pocket folder inside of it.
- 2 packages of pre-sharpened Ticonderoga pencils
- 2 pink school erasers
- 1 package of Glue sticks
- 1 package of washable markers (basic standard colors please)
- 1 small cloth pencil pouch to keep markers in (please label)
- 1 package 24 ct Crayola Crayons (basic colors please)
- 1 small soap box to keep the crayons in (please label)
- 1 pair of scissors (please label)
- 1 package of Dry Erase Markers
- 1 Sketchbook (please label)
- 1 Primary Writing Journal (A journal where you can draw pictures and write below the picture with assisted handwriting lines.)
- 1 container of Clorox Wipes
- 1-2 boxes of Kleenex
- A 3 ½ x 5 picture of you with your family.
Wish List: If you would like to contribute more items to the classroom, we are often in need of the following:
- Colored Card Stock
- Construction Paper
- Black Sharpies
- Ticonderoga pencils
- White Board Markers in Fun Colors
Please note: We will be spending a fair amount of time outside. Please prepare by applying SUNSCREEN in the morning before school.
Thank you again for your contributions to the classroom supplies. We will have community bins at the tables where we will use the supplies.