I hope you are having a fabulous summer break. I can’t wait to hear all about it!
I’ve been spending the summer setting up our classroom, spending time with my husband and three children, playing games at the park with my golden retriever, hiking, camping, volunteering at my church, and visiting friends and family!
If you haven’t met me before, allow me to tell you a little bit about myself. I am a wife to an amazing musical husband and a mom to three dearly loved children! As long as I can remember, I’ve had a passion for working with and teaching kids. I received my teaching degree in Minnesota and taught in the Minneapolis Public Schools for several years. I also had the privilege of homeschooling my own children, as well as the unique opportunity to help open up and teach at a preschool in Flagstaff. All of these teaching experiences have really helped me understand how children learn, understand differences in learning styles, and how to help set up an engaging learning environment. I enjoy an organized classroom where we care for one another, have fun, and learn a lot!
So here we are…ready to embark on an adventure at Mountain School. Get your thinking caps on and get ready to learn alongside other fabulous creative classmates!
Our first day of school is Thursday, August 11th. Please come prepared with two snacks, a lunch, a labeled water bottle and the following supplies. Our classroom will be nut-free this year due to allergies. Please be thoughtful of this when sending snacks with your child.
If you have any questions or would like to meet with me prior to school starting, please contact me at email@example.com.
Ms. Sara Spears
- (2) Photographs-one of yourself and one with your family
- Backpack, lunchbox, and a water bottle labeled with your name written in Sharpie marker
- (1) 1 inch hardcover binder for homework
- (1) 1½ inch hardcover binder for in class work
- (1) Package of 5 plastic dividers with tabs for classwork binder
- (1) Five Star quality poly-covered spiral bound notebook (one subject, wide ruled)
- (1) Composition notebook (one subject, wide ruled)
- (2) Plastic folders that have been three-hole punched to go inside each binder
- (2) Pencil pouches that will snap into each binder (clear on front side please)
- Ticonderoga pencils and/or mechanical pencils
- 4 Glue sticks
- $10 dollars cash to cover upcoming needed supplies
Optional Community Supplies Appreciated: Dry erase markers., extra pencils, student markers, sharpie markers, colored pencils, white or colored cardstock, construction paper, postage stamps for the writing center (I currently have plenty Clorox wipes)